- Single Line of Text
- Multiple Lines of Text
- Choice (dropdown)
- Lookup (single)
- Lookup (multiple)
Let say you have a requirement from a customer to develop a SharePoint list for storing user credentials which has the following UI mock-up:
The requirement stated that when ‘Anonymous’ authentication mode radio button is selected, hide Username and Password textbox else display Username and Password textbox.
- Open NewForm.aspx using Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2007 (i.e. http://<<sharepoint_servername:port_number/Lists/User Credential/NewForm.aspx)
- Save NewForm.aspx and preview in the Browser
- Repeat the steps for EditForm.aspx
Instead of having to create a new custom Web Part or a XSLT List Form page for a SharePoint List, this approach provides uncomplicated customization and the best thing is the out-of-the-box functionalities of the List Form View for a SharePoint List are still intact.
- User chooses ‘Anonymous’ authentication mode radio button:
- User chooses ‘Per-User Static’ authentication mode radio button: